For the past couple months, Jordan and I have been doing date nights on Fridays after work. He put it on our calendar so we can’t skip out on it. (He’s good at sweet stuff like that!) It started out as something just to get us out of the house and stop being so boring. But it’s been amazing at getting us to do things we haven’t done before, try new restaurants and experiences around our home, and forced us to call friends to come hang out that we hadn’t connected with for awhile.
It’s also amazing how our marriage sparked a little brighter just making sure we connect and put our phones away for one night. Making an effort and being present in the moment for one another, means so much! Just goes to show, it’s so easy to become complacent and comfortable. It happens to everyone! But the tiniest little change can be good for the soul.
Here are some other random things I wanted to share with you this week:
- Hungry Hungry Hipo Finn has a problem with eating fast, which can be really bad for a dog’s health… fatal in some circumstances. I had a slow eat bowl I was using for him already, but he was still able to gobble up all the food in 30 seconds. I got this slow eat bowl for him to try. I’m happy to report it now takes him 4 minutes to eat his food, and it’s more of a mind exercising game for him to figure out how to get each nugget.
- We adulted hard core around President’s Day and upgraded our fry pans to these Zwilling Ceramic Non-stick pans… and I can never look back. We got the 8″ and 12″ pans which is perfect for what we typically cook.
- Another President’s Day purchase of mine – a steam mop! I’ve used it several times now and I don’t know how I got through life without it before. It’s so easy to use and sanitizes without using chemicals. This mop also converts to a handheld steamer I can use to steam sheets, curtains, clothes, windows… basically any surface I can think of! Next thing I’m gonna try is to get some stains out of the sofa from Finn…
- I’m really looking forward to these new sneakers I ordered. I use to hate sneakers… not sure what switched in my brain but they are my favorite thing now!
- I recently added rose water spray to my daily skin care routine, and it is so delightful! It’s so refreshing and smells amazing.
- You may have noticed most of those links are through Amazon. Yeah… I’ve become one of those people. What makes it even better though is Amazon Smile! If an item is eligible for Amazon Smile, a portion of the purchase price goes to the charity of your choice! All you have to do, is go to smile.amazon.com and shop like normal. So far, Jordan and I have generated almost $20 for the charity we have selected.
- I’m super stoked to make this Shephard’s Pie for St. Patrick’s Day tomorrow by Little Spice Jar. Comfort food to the max!
Have a safe and fun weekend everyone! Make smart choices!
Last modified: March 16, 2018